Marrying Nathan 4 years ago also meant adopting this recipe into my pink recipe binder. This is his absolute favourite cookie ever (are we sensing a common theme??)
Super simple No-Bake Chocolate Macaroons.
When I made these for the first time, my mother in law, Jenn, asked me how they tasted & they were only okay…We altered a few ingredients & thankfully when I make these now, they are a HUGE hit. I hope you love them too!! Keep in mind- you have to keep these in your fridge so they stay firm. They’re the best cold anyway.
You start by adding butter, evaporated milk, brown sugar, and cocoa to a medium sized pot on the stove.
Heat on medium until it boils, then remove from heat.
Meanwhile, mix together quick oats & unsweetened shredded coconut in a large mixing bowl.
Once wet mixture has boiled, pour it into the dry mixing bowl.
Mix until all the oatmeal/coconut is sticky and covered. Then form balls however big or small you want. Place them on parchment paper and then refrigerate.
These are best served cold. Enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Macaroons – 4 dozen
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Butter/Margarine
- 3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 6 Cups Quick Oats
1. Heat & mix milk, butter, cocoa & brown sugar in a medium sized pot over medium heat until boiling.
2. While wet mixture is heating up, mix together oats and shredded coconut in a large mixing bowl.
3. Once wet mixture is brought to a boil, pour it into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well, until all oats/coconut are covered & sticky.
4. Use a medium sized scoop and scoop balls onto parchment paper and place in fridge to cool. Best served cold.