Bold statement, but it’s true. This is a tried and true recipe for a freaking awesome chocolate chip cookie. I figured I would finish off my 12 Days of Cookies with a classic.
The secret for these cookies is to take them out of the oven when they’re puffy and still look a little raw. Then, leave them on the baking sheet for an extra 5 minutes while on the counter, and then transfer to a cooling rack. The puffiness will settle down, and you’ll have a great looking cookie.
Okay but look at that dough. IT LOOKS SO GOOD.
THE Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (Semisweet or Milk)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together until light and fluffy. I usually let mine mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Sift together the salt, flour and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment paper about 1 heaping tsp in size (these are going to be relatively small cookies – I fit 2 dozen on my baking sheet 6×4)
- Bake cookies on the middle rack in preheated oven at 375F for 6-8 minutes depending on how soft you like your cookies. I always bake mine for 6 minutes.