I LOVE a good, plain Rice Krispie. Those are my fav. But, my dad and Nathan are always wanting to add things to this perfect gooey concoction. We tried it with peanut butter and chocolate, but it wasn’t that good…Just chocolate was perfect! We devoured the whole roll so quick.
Here is this simple recipe:
Chocolate Rice Krispie Roll
- 1/4 Cup Margarine & extra for greasing parchment paper
- 400g Marshmallows (typically a whole bag)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 5 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
- Tear off 2 long strips of parchment paper (about 15 inches in length) and coat one side of each piece of parchment paper with butter or margarine.
- Heat 1/4 cup of margarine and marshmallows in a medium sized pot over medium heat, until mixture is very gooey and there are no visible marshmallows. Add in vanilla and give a quick stir.
- Add in your Rice Krispies and stir until all combined and Rice Cereal is completely covered with marshmallow mix.
- Dump entire mixture onto a greased piece of parchment paper and then place the other parchment paper with the greased side DOWN on top of it.
- Use a rolling pin, and roll out the Rice Krispie’s out so that they are about 1/2″.
- Melt all of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. 30 seconds, take out and stir, 30 seconds, etc. until chocolate is completely melted.
- Take off top piece of parchment paper and then pour out chocolate onto the thin Rice Krispie layer. Spread with a spatula and leave some room around the edges so the chocolate doesn’t spill out when rolling.
- Roll the Rice Krispie lengthwise until it resembles a tube (or a baguette lol).
- Place into fridge and let it chill so the chocolate can harden. About 30 minutes.
- Cut into pieces once it is cool.