This is for the cheese lovers!! Made with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and a whole lot of love.
This chicken dish is PACKED with flavour, and can be served over a salad, rice, Mexican rice, steamed veggies, anything, you choose!!
The original recipe stems from this Pinterest site. I only made some minor changes! Hope you love it.
Green Chili Cream Cheese Chicken
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1- 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I used Kraft Tex-Mex)
- 1 can Chopped Green Chilies
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a glass baking dish with your chicken breasts. Don’t let them overlap.
- Place cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds to let it become very soft. Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin until all combined into a paste.
- Once cream cheese mixture is stirred together with no chunks of spices, stir in the whole contents of the can of chopped green chilies.
- Pour the cream cheese/green chilies mixture over the chicken breasts and spread so it is covered all parts of the chicken.
- Top it off with the 1 Cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered on the middle rack at 375 for 40 minutes. Check with a meat thermometer to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over rice, salad, steamed veggies, or whatever you choose!