This meal is made in under 15 minutes. 15 MINUTES PEOPLE. That’s my kind of meal. It is also SO tasty.
This past summer, we were visiting some family friends in Idaho and they had a MASSIVE *ripe* apricot tree. It was amazing. We picked fresh apricots and ate so so so many. Eventually, my mom and I thought it would be a good idea to make some apricot jam to take with us back to Canada. We worked away and after a full afternoon of canning, we each had 10 jars of apricot jam to bring home.
I’ve used my jam on toast, buns, and biscuits so far, but I’ve been dying to use it on meat. I just knew it would add a delicious sweetness.
Instant Pot – BBQ Apricot Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 Cup BBQ Sauce (our family favourite is Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3/4 Cup Apricot Jam
- Cut up chicken into large pieces – ensure they are not too small or they will dry out (I cut each of my chicken breasts into 8-10 pieces)
- Place chicken, BBQ Sauce, & soy sauce into the Instant Pot and cook on Manual High Pressure for 4 minutes. Once 4 minutes is done, quick release the lid & wait for pressure valve to drop before opening lid.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the BBQ sauce from the instant pot and mix in the cornstarch. Make sure you whisk together the corn starch and BBQ sauce together until there are no lumps. Once it is smooth, add it into the pot with the chicken and stir around.
- Use saute feature on your Instant Pot and saute chicken and sauce for 5-6 minutes, trying to make the chicken mixture more “sticky.”
- Add in the apricot jam and stir on saute for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. This helps it get “stickier” too.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice, steamed veggies, or eat it plain!