This recipe is a great one for last minute bread. Which is something I always need lol. My bread maker is magic and makes the perfect loaf, but I don’t always have 3 hours to wait for it. So Tada!! 2 loaves ready in less than 2 hours. Perfect.
Easy Homemade Bread
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast (instant yeast works too)
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 6 Cups Flour
- Mix together warm water, white sugar, and yeast in your electric mixing bowl. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until mixture becomes foamy.
- Add in oil & salt, and then slowly add in flour 1 cup at a time and let it mix with your dough hook.
- Let dough mix for 5 minutes until it collects all the flour off the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Remove dough & spray bowl with non-stick spray and place dough back in and let it rise for 30 minutes. (If I need my dough to rise quicker, I start preheating my oven & then cancel it partway through so the oven is still warm. Then place my bowl in the oven with a hand towel over top & it rises faster.)
- Preheat oven to 350F. *Do NOT preheat if you are letting your dough rise in the oven*
- Once dough is done rising, take it out and knead for 3-5 minutes. Separate it into 2 equal halves and place into greased bread tins.
- Cook bread for 30 minutes at 350F.
Bread is best served hot, with homemade jam 😉